The Amazon Associates program is thrilled to announce a Beta release of Context Links!
Context Links are a quick and convenient way to add links to your website and monetize your content. Context Links automatically identify and link relevant phrases within your page content to Amazon products, unlocking new ad inventory and saving you the time from having to manually create links. You can add the links to your pages in minutes, and we provide a wealth of options to customize how they are displayed.
You create the content. We'll link it.
Who Should Use Context Links?
Context Links are for people looking for an easy way to generate money from the content they write. Bloggers, review sites, and people that have archived pages that are currently not monetized are excellent candidates for Context Links.
Why Should I Use Context Links?
Earn Additional Referral Fees - By identifying and linking relevant phrases in your content, Context Links will unlock new advertising inventory, thereby providing the opportunity to earn incremental referral fees.
Convenience – Embed a piece of code on your page one time and automatically monetize future content. This saves you the time from having to manually create Text Links.
Delight Your Site Visitors – Context Links provide your site visitors links to relevant products on Amazon.com, and the interactive preview functionality allows them to view these products in the context of your website without having to leave it.
Why Launch with a Beta?
We want your feedback. We have just completed a closed Beta, and we are proud of the results. An open Beta will allow us to gather more feedback that will be instrumental as we continue to improve Context Links.
How do Context Links Work?
After you embed one simple piece of code on your pages, Context Links will identify and link contextually relevant phrases within your content to Amazon.com products. If you enable the preview functionality your site visitors will see a preview of an Amazon.com product relevant to the phrase we selected. Clicking on the link will send your site visitors to the product detail page on Amazon.com, and you will earn referral fees just as you would with any link you hand-picked.
Setting up Context Links for your website is quick and easy. Simply:
- Visit Associates Central->Build Links->Context Links
- Specify the maximum number of links you'd like on each page
- Optionally customize the display of the links with a couple clicks
- Copy/paste the generated code into your pages
Can I Customize the Links?
Yes, we have provided numerous customization options for Context Links allowing you to control:
- the number of links on each page
- which portion of the page will be linked
- which Amazon product categories are linked
- the matching of exact product names only
- if preview windows will appear when your site visitors hover over the links, and the style of those windows
- the options of single underline, dashed underline, and double underline link formats to indicate to your site visitors that they are Context Links
Where Can I See Context Links In Action?
Here are a couple of links to sites using Context Links::
-Sean, Associates Product Marketing Manager